If you would like to participate in one of our activities or projects, we would be very pleased to hear from you.
There are many ways to become involved. We currently offer:
1. Educational Presentations to the profession across SA and the NT
2. Doctors for Doctors (D4D) training seminars, two per year
3. Clinical Services through our accredited AH clinic and community-based GP network
4. Our new DHSA Medical Advisory Panel in 2016
5. Grant-based Projects
6. Teaching Video production and web-based Educational Modules
7. Our Website and Facebook presence
8. Art of Medicine biennial art show
Participation in our clinical network is necessarily subject to credentialling by the Doctors’ Health SA Clinical Committee which considers the following criteria:
a desire to help others in the profession
active participation in DHSA training
adherence to high standards of confidentiality
unconditional registration with the Medical Board of Australia
Vocational Registration as a GP
satisfactory Police Check
current Medical Indemnity insurance.
What are the benefits?
DHSA program participation is good for doctors on both sides of the consulting desk! Participation is personally and professionally fulfilling.
Collegiate support is a key benefit of the DHSA program along with the opportunity to meet and talk with professional people of a like mind. Our focussed training uses expert speakers and emphasises clinical consulting and examination skills. Openings exist for participation in our project work related to improving the health of the profession.
Our educational curriculum is based on adult learning principles, feedback from previous seminars and literature reviews. Doctors who participate in DHSA annual seminars are rewarded with 4 MIGA IRM points and 40 RACGP QI&CPD points.
Find out more
In the first instance, please contact Dr Roger Sexton, Medical Director: