Doctors’ Health SA is running its second Doctors for Doctors one-day seminar for 2016 on 24th September at RACGP College House. The program includes expert speakers discussing time management, self-care for GPs, medical student health, check-ups and a medico-legal update.
See the program below further details. Register your place now.
Date and Time: Saturday, 24th September 2016, 8.30am – 4:00pm
Title: “Doctors for Doctors Annual Refresher Seminar”
Facilitator: Dr Roger Sexton
Administration: DHSA in association with sapmea
- RACGP QI&CPD: 40 Cat 1 points
- ACRRM PRDP: 30 points
- MIGA Risk Management Program: 5 IRM points
Venue: RACGP College House, 15 Gover St, North Adelaide SA
Catering: All meals and teas
Cost: FREE for rural GPs. This event is supported by an educational grant from the Country SA PHN.
|0800||Registration and coffee|
|0830-0845 (0:15)||Doctors’ Health Update||Dr Roger Sexton||Plenary|
|0845-1030 (1:45)||Time and stress management for GPs||Hugh Kearns||InteractiveSmall group work|
|1100-1200 (1:00)||Mindfulness for the Medical Professional||Dr Ros Powrie||PlenarySmall Group Work|
|1200-1230 (0:30)||Medical students surviving medicine||Prof Sarah Mahoney||Plenary|
|1230-1330||LUNCH and “WALK THE DOC”||Catered|
|1330-1430 (1:00)||Mandatory Notification and Doctors in trouble||Mr Anthony Mennillo, Senior Lawyer, MIGA||PlenaryCase studies|
|1430-1530 (1:00)||The 45-49 year old health check –the new Red Book evidence||Dr Oliver Frank||PlenaryCase study
Small group work
|1530-1600 (0:30)||Health of Rural doctorsSummary and Close||Dr Roger Sexton||Plenary|
1. A broader understanding of the recent developments in doctors’ health locally, across Australia and the DHSA on-line case studies.
2. A greater skillset in time management in the setting of a busy general practice.
3. A clearer understanding of the requirements under national law of mandatory notification for impaired doctors.
4. An increased awareness of the relevance of mindfulness in professional life.
5. Greater awareness of the latest evidence-based recommendations in the RACGP Red Book as they pertain to the 45-49 year old health check.
Dr Roger Sexton FRACGP FACRRM
Dr Jill Benson FRACGP
Dr Mike Beckoff FRACGP FACRRM
To register for this one-day seminar please click here.
This event is supported by an educational grant from the Country SA PHN.